Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Psychic Sanctuary

I fell asleep on a stone notch embedded within the earth, as the moon floated high overhead, a perfect orb stained amber. The winds whispered secrets as the waves gently drew my soul away from my body. I felt peaceful once more, as Nature cradled me in her bosom, singing the sweet song known to all creatures of the Night. I awoke feeling happier than I'd been in days. My claws have been sharper these past few days, a result of my lack of sleep and slight illness. I am not fully recovered yet, but... *contented* I opened sleepy eyes to look at the darkness layering the world around me, then I caught sight of the pale moon overhead like a trusty friend...and I felt the turmoil in my heart cease for a moment. The breezes gentled, laughing at me from the shadows, teasing me for having been cooped up inside for the past few nights. The waves, uncaring as to my state of consciousness, continued dancing across the black glass of water. It was only for a few seconds, and as I stood on unsteady legs, the moon hid behind a passing cloud. Whispering a soft goodbye in my heart, I left my place of peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home