Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Psychic Bloodlust

My peaceful state of mind has been abruptly shattered. Threads of fire, so familiar to my heart, have begun winding their way through my veins once more. The moon is but a sliver in the night sky these days, hardly enough to empower me. But tonight, my own heat fires me up. And again...I find myself growing antsy and restless. It was fun while it lasted, that elusive entity called peace, but now it has died under my twisted touch, and I am back where I started. The night calls out to me, singing her unholy song for the damned. Her siren call is hard to resist, and right now I don't want to. I belong out there, under her veiled layer of darkness among other creatures who make her their Goddess. I have drawn blood tonight, and it only served to enrage me further. THe bloodlust infuses those who embrace it with immense energy, and slowly consumes those who don't. The stone ledges and cobbled stones that make up the corridors of my vast castle will help me to bleed some of the heat off. There is nothing quite like running under the watchful moon to ease the sharp pain that is constantly needling my heart. The minutes slide past, lost to me forever. THere is nothing to stop me from running along the dark paths of the night. It is all mine, and mine alone, for the rest of humanity have begun their nightly slumber. My descent into darkness is expected, for the dance of light and shadow within me is an eternal one. A timeless waltz that is both terrible and beautiful to behold. And tonight, the darkness that has been dormant in me for over a week has begun to awaken. My bloodlust was the key that opened the cage. And now that it has been opened, my inhibitions melt away like frost before heat. I will run tonight. I will bleed all the excess energy off, and I will play in this garden of darkness that I have marked my own. The deep waters sparkle under the scant light of the crescent moon, I know. It is calling to me, even now. I am all dressed up for the night, in fitting hues of black and reds to represent the darkness that mingles with my life's blood tonight. The stars are out in full force, and I know my energy is unpredictable, as unpredictable as I am. But I will run, I will make speed and agility my friends tonight, and as the wind whistles past, my soul will have its dying moments of peace. When the sun rises tomorrow, I will pay the price. But for tonight, I am the dark prince who rules this kingdom of shadow, and I fear nothing and no one. The night is mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home