Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Psychic Lygophilia

Night always bestows upon me her cursed gift-a surge of energy that boils through my veins and blesses me with an extreme need to move, to run, to soar. I've often wondered what it was about the darkness that so entrances me...and now I know! I'm lygophiliac. It's just something intrinsic about me, something I can't quite put into words. Some predatory instinct perhaps. Regardless, there is something...freeing about being awake as the world slumbers, increasing your alertness to your surroundings as you survey the darkened landscape. The winds are cleaner, somehow, and the air fresher. I especially love it when the moon is full above me, no matter what colour she is, pale yellow, bloodred, or bonewhite. The stars are faithful muses to the spirits of Night too, and I can imagine myself as one of them, one of the ornaments in the court of Night. *pauses* I am entirely capable of masking my true nature when it comes down to it. And I have. Although most people know of my fascination with the...'dark side' *rolls eyes*, most don't seem to understand my deeper connection to the shades of grey, even if they DO tend to lean towards the darker hues. *sigh* It seems I've made myself some very powerful enemies, and while it is not entirely unexpected...I am slightly put out. I have been extremely lax with my defenses recently, and my mind has been unguarded. It has been peaceful, these past few days. I don't have to constantly keep my mind working at 120% to foresee future calamities, or work out solutions to a myriad of problems. I've rested, I've eaten well, I've even mastered my emotions. TO a certain degree, of course. There is no complete mastery in any field. No matter how high you go, there is always another level. I realised as I reviewed a few memories I'd been suppressing...that every man has to come to terms with his inner demons. I'd gone back to 666, the place I grew up, I saw the corridors I'd traversed as a child, the pathways still intact, the air as eerie as ever. I remembered the pain, I remembered the fury, the anger. I remembered everything. I was there long enough to make my peace with the place, and I left. I know I will never return again. The everpresent darkness cloaked me, hiding my tears from the world, and I walked out of there with a sense of relief that I'd faced down one of my biggest demons at last. I couldn't remember where this demon's sister was located, but it didn't matter. I went back to where it all began, and I forced myself to remember things that were hard for me to accept. All the euphemisms in my mind, the codes that I confuse myself with...melted away as I stood and looked at the structure one last time. There will be many more demons that I know I have to face. But for now, I'm content because darkness blankets the world and the moon is smiling down on me. I am at peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home