Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Psychic Thirst

Night has descended upon the world, and I find myself growing increasingly restless. And thirsty. I regret having eaten, because now the food feels funny and alien as it travels down my body. It has also made me incredibly thirsty, and this thirst gives rise to a foreign hunger. I believe my stomach will empty itself in a few minutes, rejecting the suddenly inedible matter that I have ingested. I do not care. I need a nocturnal partner, one who will traverse these dark corridors by my side without flinching at each passing shadow, or cowering when an owl glides silently past, ghostly in all its white glory. The thirst makes me edgy and restless. Have I mentioned that? I have drunk enough to submerge the entire planet, yet it does nothing to sate my need. Shall I dress up for the night, then? And run until exhilaration replaces an unwanted thirst? The overgrown gardens that I have come to call my own beckon, the sly nymphs singing from among the sturdy trees, calling out to me. *sigh* Felines appear to avoid the reservoir, making me wonder. An ominous sign, perhaps? *wonders* I half fancy slipping out into the night, blending seamless with the shadows, a fleeting presence in the court of Night. Soon I will have no time for such luxuries. My nocturnal nature shall be shackled and bound by the rules that govern our society, such as it is. *sigh* I will rise and sleep with the sun. How unnatural! *indignant* My thirst has not faded, and I wonder what will make it go away. I've been pacing the house, back and forth. I would have worn a hole in my carpet, if I had carpets. The Night breezes are flirting with the trees, and suddenly I want to be out there, dancing among moonbeams and happy, twinkling stars. I belong out there, in the grandest court of all: the court of Night. Mortal worries fade away to nothingness as darkness cloaks the world. In time I will have to give it all up. *shakes head* I cannot. My bonds to the night are too firm and they go too deep. Perhaps two nights a week will suffice. Even if they incarcerate me in some God-forsaken camp in the name of patriotic loyalty, I will still have the weekends to enjoy my nights. *wistful* Although I wish it wouldn't be that way. *sigh* This cursed thirst will not leave me alone! And my stomach is rebelling against the food, threatening to spew it out. That's it. I'm going. I need fresh air, and a clear view of the skies to settle my physical self. I'm so damned thirsty, but I don't know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home