Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Psychic Kinesis

Kinesis, if I recall my Greek correctly, denotes movement. My mind has been still, but I have moved out of the circles that once bound me against my will. The night was mine, and I ran unseen through the back alleys, startling felines and other creatures of the night as they sensed me flying past. Running has always been one of my favourite past-times. It is an outlet for all the energy that churns in my body. Using my momentum to my advantage, I cleared obstacles easily as the bonewhite moon floated high overhead. She rose bloodred, and then paled as each hour passed. Closing my eyes, I see my dark wings unfolding as I stand on the precipice of the world. It is all mine for the taking. The full moon gifts me with an innate energy that I find hard to control tonight. I've been pacing the house like a caged panther, sleek and silent, but listless and hungry for action. I can't wait for morning, because then I'm going running with Phoebe. My movements are purely physical for today. My mind has been quiet for a while...and I wish to keep it that way. Thrusting the memories and the nightmares away has given me a measure of peace these past few days. I have joined a company that pays me to write, and write I shall. These are my gifts, and I shall use them to further myself. The ends justify the means, do they not? My words are cold, and I believe this emotional frost will last for quite some time. I was surrounded by people a few hours ago, and now a migraine is beginning to work its way through my head. It will recede as the night progresses.
I stood with my back to the forest atop a stone ledge overlooking the bus stop, and I felt right somehow. A light breeze rustled the trees behind me, and people lingered in front of me, waiting for their buses, their gazes raking me. I did not care. Elevated to a certain degree, with the full moon high above me and the night air surrounding me like a comforting cloak, I felt at peace. Three more hours before I run with the wind, powered by the rays of the moon and cutting through the cool night air before dawn arrives. *begins countdown* I want to run. Watch the world blur as it flies past me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home