Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Psychic Phenomenon

There are times when I'm grateful for my preternatural senses. People label it 'sixth sense' or 'psychic' or some other such name. I skirt the issue with jokes and humour, yet deep down, when it counts, I know my instincts will bail me out. I can detect falsehood a mile away, I mentally gauge a person and yet, it is my ability to sense emotions that I prize the most, and one which has never failed. At first, I assumed it to be a result of my intense observations of the people around me, and I still think this is a factor. Yet I can sense a person's emotion without even looking at them, and this puzzles me because it implies a sense that is non-physical. Something I think I'm not ready to accept yet. I have not met anyone else who shares this sensitivity, and I know this knowledge will set certain people on edge when I'm around. I can sometimes complete my friends' sentences, and while I know what they want, I do not like to say it out loud for them. They must retain that control. I have tracked people down in the middle of the night, animals even, and yet, I hesitate to involve myself emotionally in such a situation. I do not have a name for such an ability, nor do I believe this phenomenon to be purely 'psychic.' I laugh when I come across fortune-tellers in magazines, I scoff at telephone psychics. And yet... my fascination runs so much deeper. I do not see auras, I do not read minds the way a person reads books. Yet...it is instinctive, when someone is in trouble, the very air tightens and I know it seconds before the phone rings. Of course, courtesy dictates that I wait for the information to be volunteered willingly, and not ask directly like some ill-mannered cretin who has to poke his nose in everyone's business. I have read on this subject, and seen the pseudo-scientific experiments 'scientists' are supposed to have conducted. Yet how did air come to be defined? Something so insubstantial, and yet so very real? How will the term 'psychic' be defined? One who senses? This is a question that still plagues me on days when I realise my instincts are needed, not just for my own survival, but for the sake of others who need me. Many nights I have gone down when Baby my cat was missing, pulled by nothing other than instinct and found him in seconds. While there are times when such sensitivity is a pain, especially at locations of pain and suffering, I do wonder...what causes this? *tilts head* I have experienced percentages of 287% to 400% 'psychic' activity when I play around with the tests. But I usually laugh it off as miscalculations or leading questions, which happens with so many tests. But every now and again...something weird happens that makes me question my skeptical view on such phenomenon. I shall withhold details of the weirdness that abounded today, and cross my fingers in hopes that the problems I sense tomorrow will not come to pass.
Indigo child? Psychic? Sensitive? Rubbish. There's an explanation for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home