Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Psychic Nightwatch

Having tossed and turned in my corner for well over two hours, I am now forced to conclude that insomnia has me in its unrelenting grip. I will take up the mantle tonight on zero hours of sleep. I will be meeting my permanent partner today, at 7pm. Tomorrow will be me and the usual crew, and then starting from Monday onwards, it's just the two of us. I can't quite tell whether I'll be happy with the arrangements, because I haven't actually met this guy. The information I have managed to glean from the rest does not bode well for him, though. I was seriously tempted to let loose last night, and explode at our resident bitch, but then I sighed and let go of my rising anger, turning my attention instead to the upper floors. I glided off, leaving her to fend for herself while I sorted out the mess upstairs. Nearly got into another fistfight too, for all my pretence at keeping a cool head when pressured. Not with her, but with some bastard who pissed me off. I think it becomes automatic for me, when things start to get ugly, I review the weapons I have on hand to defend myself. Yeah, thanks dad. Finally. One lesson you managed to teach me. Thankfully, he walked out and didn't return for the rest of the night. I stoned for a while, my muscles aching from the physical exertions, then left quietly at 7am, surprised when my schedule was pushed up to 7pm tonight. That is nine hours away. I have no hope of resting today. Thankfully, I'll finish by 11pm, and I'll be home by midnight. I am already boneweary, from all the bitchfights and repressed emotions of the night. I got hit on by some dude, who obviously didn't know what he was biting into. Didi sniggered, Sumi shrieked her head off, trying to pry him away from me, and I had my first real laugh of the night. It helped to restore some of my energy, which was sorely lacking, I must admit. Funny how everyone seems to think I'm straight, at least until I correct them, if I bother to do so at all. Sometimes watching them hang on to their illusions is mildly amusing. All in all, it was a tiring night. I feel like someone's tossed me in a shake-n-bake bag and left me out to wilt under the sun. *siiiigh* I am going to request straight graveyard shifts. The mornings are a real killer. Didi's been under three consecutive shifts, and looks like the kid's about to pass out. Sumi got a bit weird at the end of my watch, when she lectured me on what to expect from my partner. I can't deny that I'm a bit worried. I've got quite enough on my plate at the moment, without having to keep an eye out for someone else. He doesn't sound very trustworthy. *reflective* A guy caused some chaos tonight, which caused the bitch to rear her head, which in turn caused me to lose my temper. I stormed off, fed-up with it all, slamming the glass doors behind me. From behind the glass, I saw him raise a hand to me and smile ruefully. My initial annoyance melted away. Didn't help that he looked so reminiscently of R. He came back later, but I was already upstairs, working my way furiously through the crap the previous shifts had left on the stairs, bottles everywhere, tossed haphazardly here and there. Flirted a bit, here and there with both Didi and some of the other guys. Talked of condoms and sex, and homosexuality. I suspect there's something going on between Didi and Sumi. Didi blushed magnificently when I asked directly, and evaded the question, joking that I ought to go figure it out myself. I shrugged, although my eyes noted how close they were, and how protective Didi was of Su. I whiled away the hours till sunrise by wandering through my mind, recalling forgotten memories to the surface, singing songs in languages I don't quite understand quietly under my breath. Didi and Su are trying to figure me out, trying to gauge me, my capabilities and my trustworthiness. I pretended not to notice, and continued stoning while watching the dark skies lighten gradually. I think I failed two of their tests last night. But by the time morning rolled around, I was already too tired to care. I still am, and I'm wondering if it's worth the energy drain to eat. I'm vaguely hungry, but I know that I am definitely tired. Eating will take up more energy than it will replenish, especially given the fact that my fridge is stocked with snacks, not meats I am accustomed to devouring. The minutes tick by...if I am to get any rest, I suppose I should try now. It won't do to meet my future nightpartner on no sleep. In any case, I am quite interested in meeting him myself. From what I've heard, he's quiet, rarely talks, but is unreliable. *shrugs* I'll find out eventually. I always do. Now I've got to go try to get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home