Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Psychic Shadowing

I am exhausted, and I feel shadowed. Not completely darkened, not yet. For the light J has lent to me still burns within my heart. But still...I can sense the shadows moving restlessly in every nook and cranny within this dark castle. When Night descends, they will be out in full force, beckoning me to join them on their nightly sojourn. The shadows leave telltale marks on those they have claimed. On my person, these marks have lessened over the years. I have spent so long marveling at the healing touch of the sun that these sigils of darkness have all but faded, gaining strength only when I am troubled, or tired. And now I am both. My eyes burn, and I know that in a few hours, when the sun reaches its zenith, they will turn red. My lack of sleep has not helped. I drifted off for less than fifteen minutes before coming back to full consciousness with a resounding crash. Dark thoughts swirl through my head, and I know my current habit of drawing energy from music and other assorted sources will fail me today. *sigh* Although my heart twinges a little at the thought, I am rather glad that I will not be facing him today. I hardly have the strength to move. So much that I have to do. My energy is not sufficient to complete all my responsibilities for the day...*muses* Well. I suppose I'll have to stretch myself a bit thin today. *sigh* I hate it when I've come to the end of my sleep cycle. I always end up feeling exhausted, collapse on the floor, and hibernate for a full twenty-four hours. Then I spend the next few days frittering my renewed energy thoughtlessly. On and on it goes. I have to go now. I have to get dressed, not to mention a possible dinner party to attend. On zero hours of rest. Madness, I tell you. *shakes head* Time was I could have stayed awake for well over four days and still have enough energy to go out and paint the town red. Guess I'm growing old. Two days appears to be my maximum limit. Well, today shall be a test of my old skills.
The shadows are returning. Even you, J, cannot stop them from reaching me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home