Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Psychic Burnout

I can't sleep. I need to, I know my body's about to collapse soon. But I just can't. Energy floods my veins, imbueing my blood and body with the need to move. I'm literally vibrating in my seat, ready to pouce on any activity that will drain me of my excess energy. My eyelashes keep veiling my eyes, signaling my physical exhaustion, but it seems my mental and emotional turmoil form a solid barrier that prevents me from reaching unconsciousness. It's not just the problems that I am juggling that aids the sandman in eluding me. It's the realisation that dawn is here, and the sun will soon be piercing the darkness with his unwavering beams of light. I have my fingers crossed that today will see a huge thunderstorm descending upon our little island. Only then can I drift off to sleep, secure in the knowledge that I am protected from heat and light. But right now, I feel hot and closed, and I wish yet again that energy was a tangible element that could be bled off like so many other substances. I feel hot and cranky, and this is even before the sun has risen. I shudder to think how my temperament will suffer when the sun finally burns me. I spent most of the night weaving in and out of fragmented memories, laughing at all the inappropriate moments, laughing at silly notions of grief and loss, and solemnly wondering at the strength of human emotion. Now I feel shadowed, and clouded, and I wish I could find peace for just a while, so I can lay my head down and rest, as the rest of humanity awakens from their night of peaceful dreams. In a few minutes, the cool velvet cloak of darkness will be lifted as morning arrives, unwanted as it is. The full moon will fade away into obscurity as the sun reclaims his rightful throne, and where will I be? *sigh* I don't know. My ability to plan seems to have been crippled of late. I can't even plan when to sleep anymore. Perhaps that is why I've been feeling so tired and listless these past few days. My eyes are rebelling, glancing off the monitor, refusing to focus anymore. I suppose I should try to calm myself down and sleep. Hard to do so, when energy is pulsing through me. *screams* I need sleeping pills. And more alcohol, even though I've been resisting the urge to drink for quite a while now. Pills and booze. Guaranteed to induce sleep in most insomniacs. ARGH! I don't want to sleep and face any more terrors, but my body's too tired. I'm about to collapse. #$%! it.
What do I have to offer, except promises sealed in blood?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home