Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Psychic Slumber

A few hours from now, when the sun reaches its peak, I will be safely ensconced in my billowy blankets in my corner, fast asleep. I have spent the past few days on an insomniac high, running on nothing more than adrenaline and pure energy drawn from my trusty sources. I've spent the night watching anime, tinkling on the ivories, reading beautiful works of art created by esteemed writers: macabre tales of dark love and forbidden arts. The recurring theme of death and loss amused me for the greater part of the night. Now I am tired, after three days of resisting sleep. A faint buzzing noise fills my ears; a warning. "Sleep now, lest you collapse, demon-child!" Ah, I always get a bit weird when I've not slept for a while, so bear with me. At least I'd eaten. If I hadn't, my strangeness would have escalated a few more levels. Wandered in and out of waking nightmares too, in the intermissions between focused activities. I lay down, and I remembered more memories I'd suppressed, although I felt oddly detached from what my mind restored. Then I fancied I was a different person. More...normal. Unwilling giggles escape my lips at that odd thought. No more dancing under the moon at night, no more communing with the winds, asking for healing and receiving it in intangible ways, feeling the trees sigh at the slightest shiver of a breeze. My mood lightened as I remembered moonlit adventures, and I tried to picture J. He's been feeling a bit down lately, I know. I felt slightly depressed when I realised I couldn't help him. I zeroed in on my black and white companion, and started playing. Songs of love lost and forgotten. Each note sang for me, for him, for what used to be. For the travesty of a sacred emotion, condescension that was masquerading as love. I drew on that deep and powerful emotion residing within me, called on it to empower me as I lasted through the night. Now the sun is here, and I am unbelievably tired. Three days of dancing around my body's exhaustion, and I have reached the end of my rope. *bows* I still have errands to run for the day, ones that I don't believe I can put off. But my need and desire for sleep and the accompanying dreams overwhelm my responsibilities. I can never be trusted, in any way, except when it comes to what I've given to J. That will stay true for years to come. I can feel my mind beginning to drift, and I don't fancy having to fight to come back again. It's time for me to crawl into my corner under the light, fluffy blue cloth that is my only covering when I separate soul from body. Isn't that what sleep is? Your soul leaves your body? There will be many things to face when I have fully rested, but for once, I'll take things as they come and ignore that terrible entity Foresight and his close kin Apprehension. I think I've used up all my energy last night, in allowing my mind to skip and flit from activity to activity. I am, as I believe I've said before, tired, so I think I'll go curl up in my usual corner. The ground will be wonderfully cooling in the heat of the day. I don't think I'll wake until long after sundown. J, I meant what I said over the weekend. I really am sorry, for all the stupid things I've said and done.
As I lay me down to sleep, I pray to God my soul to keep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home