Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Psychic Vampire

My euphoria over my stunning victory has faded. From being the mighty bringer of light, I fell into the shadows once more. But that's ok. I've said what has been burning in my heart all this while. Taking a gamble, I went for a social event after giong two days without sleep. Three is my maximum, and then I will collapse until my body has recharged itself. At the social event, the energy was a palpable source of positivity, and I drew on it, borrowing strength from the emotions of others. It is something I've done more often in the past. Time has dulled my need to do so, because sleep comes naturally to me these days. At least when my fragile state of harmony is not disturbed. But recent events have forced me to turn to my old ways, and while I do not regret it, I believe time has sharpened my instincts to a very fine point. At the chalet, we ran around like headless chickens while waterbombs flew left and right. Well, they ran around. I glided through the darkening house, absorbing what I could. Felines dotted the landscape, eyeing each other as they came across a shared territory. It was nice. Then Dominic came running past, in pursuit of Yushaa. He really looked like he was going to drench her, but at the last second he turned to me and splash! I was his latest victim. I got him back for it, twice turning his own weapons against him. My forte, actually. I didn't mind expending energy in the waterfight, because it was fun, and I got back more than I expended. I caught a glimpse of someone who made my heart accelerate. We'd just arrived (sorry, events listed on today's post are not in chronological order. It's in order of memory) and he was running past, soaking wet and glowing somehow. It's the radiance that shines from within that sparked my senses. I stood there, draped in blackness and brooding, letting my senses expand with the night, and this shining ray of light in human form sped past, carring of all things, a wok filled with water. Then he stopped, turned and smiled at us. (Phoebe was next to me) His very first words were, "Hi, you are?" It is extremely stupid to reveal one's true nature without first knowing what the other party's capabilities are. But I swear, as I stood there gawping at him, my mind went into deepfreeze. Which is why the next words that popped out of my mouth was, "Hi. You're Xavier right?" The expression on his face was...a mixture between stunned confusion. I didn't lose my cool, but I don't know how I knew his name. I'd never met these people before, but I couldn't stop...looking at him all night. Something, just something about him. I tried focusing on my emotions, and fed the cats diligently, even went out for a walk into the night to get liquor with Yushaa for the rest of us. It didn't distract me one bit. When we got back, he'd already changed out of his sopping wet clothes and was handling the barbeque pit like a pro. (Regardless of what anyone else says) I got thoroughly drenched, so I headed up for a shower and a fresh change of clothes. I ended up wearing TKGS shorts (thank you so very much, Janice), so micro-mini that it prompted Dominic to start giggling everytime he saw me. Then as the night wound down, we settled down to playing some weird card game that eventually got interesting. The liquor bottles were singing out to us, so we popped them open and started drinking. Somehow, the focus of the night was on gay and lesbian sex. Dominic and I were chattering away like squirrels, arguing over certain methods and fetishes, while the rest of them were rolling around in agony. So...*coughs* certain of my fetishes have come to light. We talked till the first light of dawn, and promptly overslept, causing chaos. Four of us were piled up on the bed: Phoebe, Yushaa, Surin, and I. Dominic slept on the floor, poor darling. Then we split up for home, and now here I am. Yushaa is asleep on the couch outside, and I'm planning what to feed her when she wakes up. I'm running on two hours of sleep for three days now, drawing more and more energy from all my known sources. So forgive me if the sentences in this post are a bit disjointed, and not written in my usual style. Too tired to divert energy to thinking and writing right now. Needless to say, I'm a psychic vampire. And I'm glad that I went for the chalet, and met some great new people. (Xavier!) God, I hope he doesn't read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home