Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Psychic War

The day was gloomy, with dull grey skies. Excellent for a walk down the reservoir, but I was trapped in my own nightmares. Gifted with supernatural abilities, and cursed with a whole plethora of supernatural foes. I remember using a lot of Latin in my dreams. I'm not surprised that I'm fighting demons even in my subconscious. There was one pivotal moment when I switched from Latin to a more archaic language, and suddenly all the dark beings fled from me. I won't disclose what that language was, but I am very surprised to find that it made a difference. Of course, dreams are dreams, and nothing conclusive can be drawn from them anyway. I awoke at 7 with mixed feelings. I have just signed my own death warrant, I know. But then again...I am living my life the way it should be. My anger towards her is bubbling like a cauldron on high. The resentment is nothing new. The anger isn't surprising, considering the simplicity of what I intend to do. It is her who complicates things, and I have not quite decided what to do. Of course, I can be extremely cold when necessity dictates it, and my attitude toward her has been nothing short of arctic. I don't care, really. I suppose I shouldn't have expected too much. Rude, uncouth, unrefined, loud, annoying. There. I said it. Not to mention the fact that my skills as an illusionist have been tested time and again. I don't mind the constant attempts to peek into my multi-faceted life, because I make certain I cover my own back, but the intrusion annoys me. *stunned* Oh...my....God. The perfect solution has just struck me! Proverbial lightning bolt, I see. It is extreme, sure. Vindictive, perhaps. But it will vindicate me. I have to start packing. I can't believe I hadn't seen this. So simple...and therein lies the beauty, and the ingenuity! Goodness. And I'm supposed to have a working brain up there. *smacks head* Of course, I have to use my foresight to predict what will ripple outwards from my move. But as all chess players know, it is a necessary sacrifice. I have been uncontactable for a while, and I will remain that way for some time to come. I have to make sure I have all the essentials while putting my masterplan into action. If this is what I have to do to prove my worth, then consider it done. I will not be moved. My fiery feelings towards her must be saved for the final confrontation, when my heat will render all veils and illusions useless. For those who stand outside the battlefield, you may not understand my conviction when it comes to this ongoing war. For those who stand even further back, you may not even understand what I'm talking about. But for the players in this game, the warriors in this fight, it will make all the difference in the world. And for me, the master manipulator, this is one puppet show that I own. I have every right to be furious, to rage away like an unleashed volcano after months of dormant silence. Besides, I never stand up for myself, do I? If the one time I decide to do so, I am judged harshly, then so be it. As long as the general populace understands that what I have marked as my territory is not to be trespassed upon. I have disappointed R, I know that even without my preternatural senses. But right now, I have more pressing issues to deal with. I bow my head, knowing that I may never find redemption. Each day is a battle, and I invoke Michael's protection as I march into the battlefield with only my heart and my beliefs.
Sancte Michael Archangele,
defende nos in proelio.
contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur:
tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis,
Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos,
qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo,
divina virtute, in infernum detrude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home