Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Psychic Stance

I went out for dinner with the three lovely ladies. Told Yushaa some of my health concerns, and then it was a gigglefest. We had better service than usual, thanks to someone's *ahem* assets. It's so hard to be a gay teen living in such a conservative society. *sigh* Tomorrow I'll get subtle hints again, since I'm going out for some family outing thing. Hey, girls. Let's play that cute card game again. Loser downs a shot of brandy. I'm in the mood to let loose. I'm rather mellow tonight. Perhaps I'll go to the reservoir and sit in harmony with the waters and the cloudy skies. I can rehearse my 'reasons for being gay' speech there too. *sigh* Is it that hard to accept the fact that people can and usually are different? I believe I can exhaust my intellect and English skills, constructing theories and spewing out facts, and still they will not consider the idea of a boy falling in love with another boy. Caught a documentary on 60 minutes, explaining a theory that a mother's womb remembers how many sons she's already had, and with each successive boy-birth, the likelihood that her next male child will be gay increases. Apparently, this is like nature's way of birth control. And there you go. Vindicated at last. In the cosmic scheme of things, everything and everyone has a part to play. It might not be immediately clear, but we all form a delicate balance. Small-minded bigots, racists, homophobic people...I cannot sit in front of them, and contemplate what goes on in their minds. What causes them to have such disgust/hatred? These differences are what colours the world we live in. After all, as they say, variety is the spice of life. That is why I fear persecution. I will be honest, I am afraid because I am different. And these differences mark me out as an easy target. Because of this, I try my hardest to project a masculine image to avoid unnecessary conflicts. But is this right? In this day and age, where people speak of equality for all, how many minorites are living in fear? The implications are many. Make of it what you will. I will not bow down because I am different. It is these differences that separate us and make us unique. Perhaps these demons of prejudices and ignorance may never truly be vanquished, but I hope the people around me will not succumb to them. I'm taking a stand for myself, to make it clear that I will hide no longer. Persecute me, but I'd rather die standing than live on my knees worshipping everyone else's vision of normalcy. I am different, and I embrace my differences.
Do you love me for who I am, or do you love me for who you think I am?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home