Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Psychic Blaze

In case my friends don't know, I am a pyromaniac. I love fire. A lot. But it is not a side that I show often; it is only when open flames flicker before me that my eyes glimmer in response. I think part of the problem with me is that I can never say things straight out. I will hide meanings in sentences so vague and obscure that it often gets lost in translation. Often it takes on a whole new meaning without me realising it. So here it is. When I'm pissed off, my silence is deafening. It speaks volumes. That is me being pissed off. When I'm angry, then all hell will break loose. Because I can, and usually will attack you in all directions your head will spin before you even know what's going on. I hardly ever lose my temper, and even until now close friends like Seif and Gina, who have known me for years, have not seen me angry. I am not one to display emotions I deem negative, and the only one I really truly show is sadness. But tonight, as fire courses in my veins and stress threatens to choke me, I find myself a trapped animal. I do not like traps in general; it brings out the worst in me. With my back up to the wall, my claws unsheath themselves. In public, I can pass for a shadow. I fade away into nothingness because I like to observe the world without them observing me. Knowledge is power, and my intuitiveness is an advantage I often tap. But when I get this worked up, I do not shout. I never shout when I'm angry. Volume is not my weapon. My knowledge and quiet threats are. When I'm angry, no one else speaks. I have been known to create rifts so large they usually never close. This is part of the reason why I strive so hard to create a smooth, unruffled image. Do not assume, however, that a calm lake holds no horrors. Still waters run deep, and that old saying seems to have been invented just for people like me. We are often silent on matters of importance, and we revel in light, but push us up against the wall and witness how our predatory instincts kick in when you've gone far enough. And now I have reached the end of my line of patience. A warning to those who can never seem to read me: if my eyes turn red, and my silences are long and dangerous, back off. These are the warning signs you should never ever ignore. Because if you carry on with what you've been doing to piss me off, and fire consumes me, I will ignore all rules and boundaries to put you back in your place. My silence has gone on long enough. For all my attraction to fire, I am slow to anger. But when I get this hot, the one who has fired me up should stay out of my way until my anger has died down.
Tame the raging fires of my night, my love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home