Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Psychic Epiphany

I spend most nights in quiet reflection, contemplating my life, and how it intertwines with others. At times I am the cruellest demon, and I wreck lives and hearts thoughtlessly. And at other times, I believe I can encourage flowers to bud and bloom, and I can inspire strength and courage, not only in myself, but in those I care for. Tonight, I watch the darkened skies with a light heart. From the darkness of last night, a new light was born. I find it is common that people look at flaws, whatever they may say. We see darkness, but we do not see the light that produces that shadow. In the same vein, we cannot see the source of the moon's unearthly beauty. We'd go blind if we do. Scientifically, we know that the moon reflects light from the sun. Yet it is the moon that we admire. Perhaps true beauty lies in not seeing the source, but in seeing what it produces. Perhaps this is the law of life, that we do not see the source of all things good, and that shadow and light go hand in hand. Without darkness, we would never appreciate the light. On a lighter note, Elina came by today. To 'do her homework'. Right. =P We watched Silent Hill, and it was gruesome! I'm rather proud of myself for not squealing! After she went home, I slept. My first dreamless sleep in a long time. No nightmares haunting me. I felt positively charged when I awoke. I even tackled my new assessment books which I'd bought earlier with Yushaa. I've been dormant for too long. It is time for my winter to end, and for spring to burst forth in all its glory. I cannot remain barren and cold, not while life itself beckons. I can feel the first touches of warmth in my heart, that prickle of fresh life. And if ever I need a reminder of the power of resilience, I shall watch The Firebird Suite. =) I breathe life with every breath, I feel hope flowing in my veins. And I know, if darkness consumes me again, it is only the product of a higher light. And that knowledge itself will be enough to lift me up. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home