Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Psychic Empathy

I went out, studied with Gina and Moomoo at Mickey D's. Then later in the night since I was in the general area, I went to pick Yushaa up. (Don't worry about the mistakes, honey. We all make them. We're human after all. Just keep doing your best.) Then after I walked her home, I boarded 87. And something terrible happened. I happened to glance out the window, and saw a terrible accident. There was a man facedown on the side of the road, surrounded by shattered glass. I think he was flung out of the car. His leg was twisted at an unnatural angle. I looked once, and I couldn't look anymore. And yet the people around me started twittering and buzzing away excitedly. GOodness! Someone was injured, and you treat him like a zoo exhibit?! I was feeling his pain, and I COULD NOT look at him. Every muscle in my body was screaming in empathy. Yet even traffic was slowing down to gawk and stare. There were three cars at the roadside. I think one of them stopped to help him. The other two were probably involved in a collision. But it's sad. I really really hope the ambulance, which arrived two minutes later, came in time. I will never know how people can see that without flinching or feeling any empathy for the poor person. I mean, come on! My skin is still riddled with goosebumps now. I just want to cry for him. =/ I never want to see another sight like this again, as long as I live. Why do people stare? Morbid fascination? Do they not have feelings? =/ I pray he'll make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home