Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Psychic Haunting

My mood just took a nosedive. Made the mistake of cleaning out my closet, found some skeletons that I've been ignoring for a long time. I guess the hardest lesson anyone can learn in life is that you can never run from a problem. Even if it takes a long time, it'll come back to haunt you. Now I have to deal with it, and it sucks ass. It is no one's fault but my own. The destruction and misery that I wrought in my own selfish desires may remain a black mark on my soul as long as I live. But when everyone else has moved on from the ruins, why am I left here in the dust? The people I've hurt so foolishly have moved on and become suns in their own right, shining their light for all to see. My own light wavers, and at times I fear it shall fail me and die completely. Yet at other times, it shines so blindingly bright I'm afraid of my own light. There are days when I wake and I fear nothing and no one, when I have faith in my ability to repel the darkness. But when I least expect it, darkness pulls out a trump card. I have tried so hard to evolve. And in many ways, I've succeeded. I no longer use harsh words and scathing replies, and I've reined in my sarcasm. It seems as though I'm a completely different person now, and it shows. Most tellingly when I had dinner with Elina and Yushaa some time back, and Elina said she used to feel like punching me, but not anymore. I admit, I was pretty spiteful back then. But thank goodness I've changed! The skeletons remain, however, and it is my task now to put them to rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home