Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Psychic Keys

A few nights ago, I was struck with a thought. Perhaps inherent within all of us are keys that unlock our hidden potential. The potential for good, for greatness, for power, for darkness. As night crept over my estate, and the cats prowled the house with predatory elegance, I glanced out at the dark skies and wondered again what my purpose in life was. I only half remember a quote I tossed out so carelessly those nights ago. It does not matter now. I stood before the gateway to darkness last night, the key in my hand and my gaze fixed firmly on the door which most men shrink from in fear. I think I fell asleep still in the same place, and when I woke up three hours later, the illusion had been displaced by another. Above all else, I prize my freedom, regardless of the cost. I have paid in blood and tears to maintain my life as a free spirit, and I can never be chained down against my will. I have spent too long here, each night in silent misery as the man named X scars me that much deeper. I have lost all regard for him, and that is my revelation for this week. I think the cats sense my pain, and for the past few nights they have been a great source of comfort. I cannot remain here, not while the keys are in my grasp. All I have to do is walk up to the doors and extend my hand. Then I can spread my tattered wings and fly away, far away from this place of sweet, addictive horror. I leave my keys behind. There is nothing left anymore.
Unleash the darkness within.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home