Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Psychic Challenge

Sweeping the cobwebs away from my life. I went home, had a talk with mum and dad. An amusing, touching, deeply moving, and life-altering discussion. They have agreed unanimously that if it is my wish to pursue music, then they will support me whole-heartedly. Three challenges await me. My impending incarceration, and the ensuing fracas. That's one. Entrance into the school of my choice. That's two. And finally...the musical piece that I find so fiendishly difficult to play. It shocks me, how much I have to exert just to get the hang of it. Once the shock wears off, I will glue myself to my instrument and pour my entire being into mastering this one difficult song. If I master this piece within the timeframe I have set for myself, then I know I can overcome future obstacles. This piece speaks to me in ways that very few piano pieces do. It compels me to devote all my time and attention to it, in part because it is so very difficult to play, and yet the knowledge that a fellow musician composed and played this song spurs me on. I have yet to print out the score, but I have tried out the first few bars, and I vaguely know the general flow. It is complex, but so beautiful I cannot bear to leave it unfinished for something as trivial as sleep. What is rest, when a creation of such immense beauty and compelling power has enchanted me so? I have the melody firmly fixed in my memory, and all that remains...is the printout and my final fine tuning. I must master this piece. I will return to my piano tomorrow morning, with the complete score and an unwavering determination to finally test my skills, if indeed I possess any. For now, I will give in to sleep and rest my body, even while my mind remains frenzied over my renewed desire to complete my challenges. The three labours. I suppose I should be thankful that only three stand in my way of success. I suppose other things happened today, but right now, this piece takes up my entire focus.
....and everything is falling into place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home