Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Psychic Gift

I realise, as I stand under the dome of the heavens with my arms outstretched and my eyes tightly closed, I am a child of the universe. I have as much right to be standing here as everyone else. The stars dust the skies lightly, glittering diamonds that for a moment, seem to be within my grasp. A quiet voice speaks from within me. "Don't give up." A voice that, for the moment, silences everything else and I feel hope welling up inside my heart. The fires of my passion have been momentarily doused over the past week, leading to my increasingly erratic moods and temperaments. Today a quiet sort of calm descends upon me, and I feel cradled in the arms of Night, my old friend. The piano calls to me softly, and I find myself reaching out for it instinctively. My fingers long for the cool feel of the ivories. I have made a tough decision recently. My sister wants to take the family piano with her, and when she asked me if she could have it, I couldn't say no. My siblings very rarely ask anything of me, and it makes it that much harder to say no. The piano shall go with them. After all, I think it belongs to them. It is time I moved on and allowed others to do the same. So in the spirit of independence, I shall set out to find myself a new piano. It has taken too long for me to realise that I am constantly under the wing of another. That's no way to learn how to fly, is it, J? The setback I suffered earlier this year, in the form of my aunt's refusal to allow me to move the piano, left me bitter. And as they say, once bitten...
Nevertheless, I shall proceed with my current endeavour to finally be given a chance to prove my worth. It gets old really fast, this black sheep complex. Consider it a really worthwhile investment if I do buy a really good piano. *grins* There are 3 more months left till December. Think I've got a chance to save up to buy myself a piano? I sure hope so. *crosses fingers* I must constantly remember that my goal is to be proficient in my chosen field. Nothing short of the best will do. Time to go scout around pianorooms again. I want a good upright for starters. Maybe when I've got a place of my own to call home...then I'll get a grand. *fixes mind on dream* Time to find me one of those job thingies. =) If all else fails, I suppose Juf at least would welcome me back with open arms. *sigh* THAT would have to be a last resort, though I hope it won't come to that.
the unplayed piano still holds a tune...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home