Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Psychic Strain

It is stressful dealing with the logistics of moving my piano. It sounds simple, it was simple, but then I have the whole landscape of emotions to navigate through in the process. That part's killing me. Especially since the emotions aren't mine to begin with. There's my mum, who thinks that I will never return after the piano is moved. I'm still undecided whether or not to correct her on that score. Then there's the financial aspect. It doesn't bother me much, but still! Everyone's been giving me grief over it. Ok, fine! I realise I am spending all my paycheck on this one move, but consider it an investment! At least I'd have something to do and I'd be improving myself in this chosen vocation. I have this romantic notion that the best pianists are those trapped in basements during times of war, especially during the WWII period. So I'm a hopeless dreamer. Come on...let me keep my dreams. They're all I have left. Once the piano is here, my skills could probably increase tenfold. I need to master my techniques, I need to improve myself. Let other people work and slave over courses or jobs they resent. I have what I want, I know what I don't want to do. I don't want to get into courses only to realise that my heart is somewhere else. I cannot do something I dislike. If I don't like it, I won't do it. Simple. If I want it...I must get it. Just as simple. I am moving my piano here, I will improve myself, I will not rot away and become a bum. Even simpler. I want it, and I'll get it. I'm calling Renner tomorrow to book the moving date, and I will use every last cent and drop of willpower I possess to move it to where it will be useful. It serves no purpose at my parents' place where it sits there stagnant and collecting dust. Here, I have great plans. It is the mouth for my heart, it sings under my touch. My keyboard is old, but it has no soul. It is mechanical. My piano has warmth, it has harmony, it sings when I touch it. I have never wanted anything else so bad. I've already planned where it is going to be placed. There's going to be some major upheavals because of the move, and I know my mum won't like it. But hey, I've waited two years to make this change, and I want it moved by Friday. No buts, ifs or maybes. It will be here by Saturday morning, and I will play my heart out without worrying whether my grandma's home, or if my siblings want to watch the telly. Also, I will no longer have to compete with my neighbour who's twice a grade higher than me. Not that I mind, since I can outplay every one of them with my eyes closed. :P I have my admirers among my neighbours....lol. Now I have to go back to worrying over the logistics and my rapidly dwindling finances. 'The piano is an exquisite instrument that requires careful handling by experienced movers...' Yeah. Tell me something I don't know. Like how much you'll actually charge me for moving the bloody thing in the first place. Then I have to worry whether it'll fit through the front door of my bachelor pad. Then there's the whole hidden cost of wrapping the piano to prevent scratches...blahblahblah. And I feel like exploding. GOD! Just move the piano from A to B,people! Is that so hard for you? Maybe not all of us have made the transition from apes to homo sapiens. -_- Ok, all I'm askin for is my piano here by Friday night in one piece. *crosses fingers* I don't care about being broke, I don't care about using my first and only paycheck, I don't care about the pathetic balance in my bank. Just get my baby here by Friday night, and I'll practice until I expire from a musical overdose and broken fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home