Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Psychic Nausea

I care not about the fever that wracks my body. The flu-like symptoms don't faze me in the least. It is the nausea that damns me. I cannot eat, I cannot breathe for ten minutes without wanting to puke. I have not eaten for two days now. "Cyclic vomiting syndrome." I'll be sure to take that up with the nice doctor. The one who has plenty of sharp needles at his disposal. Actually, right about now, I don't really care what he does to my physical self as long as he can get the nausea to subside and I can finally eat. It is terribly damning to feel hungry and nauseous at the same time. I have been vomiting water for the past hour, and now I feel even more tired. Vomiting takes up a lot of energy, apparently. Especially when it's followed by dry heaves, which is painfully excruciating. If this post seems fractured, it's because I've had to run to the loo to empty my already empty stomach. The night is cold, but I am dewed with sweat. Ok, not so much 'dewed'. More like floods. Heck, I am feeling cold. So why am I sweating? I think I need food and medication pronto. Two days without food is detrimental to one's health, so I've heard. Ach. My head is pounding, and my body is slowly killing me. It's back to the good doctor tomorrow, needles and all. I don't care, as long as I can eat without regurgitating my food.
Suddenly the phrase 'ad nauseum' takes on a whole new meaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home