Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Psychic Burst

R came back, I threw a tantrum, and J spoke to me after I was done being a bitch. There. An emotional explosion that I can't and won't elaborate upon. I'd much rather focus on the darkness that swirls around me. The darkness is not as static and unmoving as most people understand it to be. It moves unseen, a shadow that lurks in every corner, hiding from the light. As do I. I believe the time has come for me to retreat from the sun, and cultivate the seeds of darkness that were sown a long time ago. Shadows dance around my room in a mockery of the vibrancy of life. The Darkness is a living entity that accompanies Night on her dark sojourn through the world, bringing her cousins Sleep and Dreams with her. She is a goddess in her own right, yet none pay obeisance to her. She cloaks the world with her dark embrace, and all fall prey before her cousins. Only I remain immune to the wiles of such a charming family. Night arrives in her unearthly chariot, and unleashes her cousins Sleep and Dreams, taking over the world, spreading darkness with her touch. Perhaps I am not the only mortal to witness such glory in motion. Nor do I care much if I am. I have marked gardens all over this island as my territory, and the night is mine to do with it as I wish. I can recline among luxuriant blooms as night unfurls in all her splendour, with her cloak of stars and moonlight. And I, the ever observant one, shall witness her nightly murder of the sun. Kill him, and day fades away into obscurity. The queen shall rule with her mighty cousins, and I shall bow before such power. Not in fear, never that. I do not fear power, only those who abuse it with such nonchalance. Nor do I fear karmic debts, for repercussions have no effect on me. I bow out of respect before such a powerful entity. The eternal duality of night and day entrances me. It captivates the imagination, it empowers the wise. Suddenly the burst of emotion that has threatened to suffocate my soul fades away before Night herself. I stand in her court with my head held high, and she drains all the negativity away. Oh, Nick. If you were alive today to see the glory of night, and let me show you all the beauty that our world contains...I will continue to pray that your soul will find the peace you never could have in this life. Death is sobering, and I am dead serious (pun intended) about my tragic death. If I could choose the time and place when I die...I'd want it to be at midnight when Night holds court, and when the stars smile down from the heavens. I'd want to die among blooming flowers, and breathe my last nestled in Nature's bosom. I am no more immortal than the great men before me, and I can die in peace knowing I won't be the last. For I have found that I am not alone. Nick before me, and the great philosophers before him. The wisdom of these men is matched only by their mortal misery. I think it's part of life that greatness goes hand in hand with strife. The angels of night are singing their heavenly choir, and I find my pain is eased for just a few moments. Thanks, Z. I'll see you tomorrow. =)
A burst of hope, and I am momentarily at peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home