Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Psychic Choice?

I hang my head, weary beyond belief. My efforts to stave off a monumental crisis have been completely futile. Kenneth...don't make me choose. I've chosen you over someone else before, and I'm still scarred from that experience. It's painful, and I am tired of having to take sides in this stupid situation that I always find myself in. What am I supposed to do? It was a stupid promise, I agree. But I was protecting both of you, and in that same instant, I placed myself in the direct line of fire. Fine. You don't know the lengths I would go to to save you. Both of you. What was I supposed to have done? Funny what a few seconds and several choice words can do to my perspective. From being my angel, my protector against the constant flood of tears, you are now part of the pain that needles my heart. Kenneth, I don't want to choose again. I used to be insubstantial, but now I'm human. I'm new to all these emotions, and I don't know how to handle half of what I feel. I screw up sometimes, yeah. But this isn't my screwup. I'm tired of choosing, of sacrificing for the greater good. None of you know how often I wish I could regain that incorporeal state of being I used to possess. I can walk in the sun, I can feel, I breathe. But if it means this pain is also part of this life, then don't make me do it. Kenneth, this isn't a question of who is more important, but who needed me more that night. I'm not going to choose, and if you force me to, I will lose another angel. I've already chosen you over Justin, isn't that enough? How many times do you want me to prove that I remain loyal to you? I'm already down on my knees, and I don't think I can take anymore. I don't want to lose you...please don't go. I've lost too many already. Do you want me on my knees for you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home