Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Psychic Entity

The days have drifted by, and I find myself growing increasingly listless. The words that follow may seem trite and inconsequential to a few, but to me...it was one of the few hair-raising moments of my life. For those in the know, not all malevolent presences manifest themselves at twelve midnight or some such nonsense. My own experiences tend to put the timing around dusk, or when the sunlight turns a sickly orange yellow in the late afternoon. So today, I went over to a place that is not exactly clean in terms of spirituality, though when I set off, I didn't know it yet. The floors were black, the walls were black and red, and to top it off, I had to deal with a demonic feline. At first, I thought it was a really cool and cosy setting. Something I'd like myself. But then the strangest sensation hit me. It's like...it's hard to explain clearly, but I'll try. Fo me, a church or place of worship soothes my soul, it gives me a measure of security. What I felt was the exact opposite. Few supernatural phenomena can scare the socks off me, and this is one of the rare occasions. I think I can safely say that house and whatever resides in there does not welcome me. I never thought I'd say something negative about cats, but something about that setting, that atmosphere just sent my alarm bells into overdrive. The best part would be me not knowing until that sensation made itself known, and then it hit me that this was not the best place to be alone in. So I whipped out my trusty handphone, made a call overseas, and voila. The person confirmed that the place isn't clean. In the owner's own words, "Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you. There's something in that house." Rolling my eyes, I hung up and steeled myself. I couldn't leave yet. The demented cat was yowling and spitting, and worse, every defence I had ever learnt against the supernatural leaked clean out of my head. It's hard to explain, but it's like the very air itself is charged and you half expect a cloaked and hooded figure to come swooping down at you from the darkened corridor. I hate bright lights, so I hadn't bothered to flick the lights on, and no supernatural entity was gonna spook me enough to make me turn it on anyway. The sensation was getting stronger by the minute, however, and the dying sunlight was fading from the black floors. For once, though, my curiosity failed me. Some things are simply too big a bite for me, and I sensed that this presence was definitely not of the friendly variety. In fact, it seemed positively hostile. The cat, meanwhile, was going into conniptions and screaming at me, which was not putting me at ease. And it struck me how very much like a human infant a kitten can sound like when it screams. Already strained and anxious, I finally cracked and went out for some fresh air. Two cigarettes later, I went back in, after the cat had worn itself out, and then I examined my reaction. I was more than ready to pack my things and leave. Some fights are pointless, and this was one I knew I could not win. I mean, if you accept that the spiritual world exists, that there is a God, then logically you ought to understand the concept of a whole legion of angels and demons that exist on this plane. And that presence I felt was definitely from the latter category. And of course, she had to tell me that at night, there would be soft crying sounds coming from the fabled corridor, and that there are actually two presences. One appeared feminine, and the other was glimpsed as a tall formless figure. All in all, I spent a few hours there, trying to reconcile the logical part of my mind, and the part that was screaming at me to leave immediately. I didn't leave, of course. Pride made me stay bullheadedly, but I did have enough sense to leave th black corridor alone. When I say black, I mean black. The floors were black, and no light penetrates that part of the house. But funny thing is...you know that famous fight or flight reaction? For me, it's definitely fight. Now that I think about it, the co-owner of the house was rather cryptic when we spoke after I left the house. He was asking me if there were any problems with the house, and while inclined to tell him what I felt, I merely gave him a cryptic smile of my own and left his question unanswered. As his co-owner has already given me the lowdown, I'm sure he knows. So it remains unspoken, but acknowledged that there exists in that house, something beyond the realm of the physical. Now I just hope it hasn't followed me home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home