Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Psychic Gleanings

It is the night that has healed my soul. I have cracked open tomes of knowledge, soaking up information the way the desert absorbs moisture. I was awake as soon as the sun had set, and spent a few hours in front of the piano. Then I exercised my intellect in the form of mind-bending codes and cryptic messages. While initially annoyed that I failed to decipher standard codes, I was surprised to find that the harder ones are easier, if that makes sense. Codes are given a hierarchy of their own, with more challenging ones having a higher rating. Standard ones bore me, therefore I believe I do not fully engage my mind in cracking them. But the more difficult ones...ah. Those are fun. I have spent close to four hours unravelling them, and the amusement such pursuits provide me with is delightful. A waste of time, I'm sure some might say, but I cannot deny it pleases my mind and spirit to know that I am capable of intellectual leaps. My heart has been discarded into the deepest corner of my mind, hidden until I see a need to examine its flaws at length. I saw him, I heard his voice, I had a hand in his evolution, but I do not foresee a place for me in his future. Therefore, it is with no regret that I leave yet another man to take his place as an angel on earth. These mental challenges will occupy most of my night, I see. Highly enjoyable, and I can feel my mind churning away as I run various solutions all at one time. I am still coughing rather badly, my throat is strained and sore, but I believe the honey and lemon concoction (thanks to dear Phoebe) has finally directed it towards healing. Regeneration is a wonderful thing, particularly when I realise his return was just a minor hindrance in the greater scheme of things. I have walked across time tonight, visiting ancient Greece, Egypt, and even the Cretaceous period. Cracking IQ puzzles wasn't all I did. While mulling over the solutions, I also read and brushed up on my understanding of hieroglyphs (which, surprisingly, is a Greek word), mythologies in both countries (the Sphinx has ties to both civilisations, coincidentally), and furthered my understanding of languages. I speak a fair amount of English, Malay, Spanish, French and Latin, (in order of fluency. I was rather inclined to list Malay last.) with my Italian and German being the weakest. I have yet to touch Greek, although I know a few phrases. I also rediscovered my love for Stripperella. Love that show. It seems I have spent a good portion of the night preoccupied with being myself, rather than part of the darkness. If only I could store some of the light I feel inside me now, for the moments of darkness that I know will come over me in moments of despair. If only, if only. Well, for now, it's back to mental exercises that keep my wit sharp and gleaming!
There are reasons why an angel will leave a man alone in the darkness. So he will stand and find the light within himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home