Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Psychic End?

One final glance, one last crack, and I vanished into the night. Part of the shadows that are so central to my life, the focus of so many thoughts. I was unseen, but I saw. The frown that marred such perfect features, the hesitation. I closed my eyes, and allowed the winds of change to carry me away. Perfection was an illusion I never could weave, even for the one I love. A raised hand, acknowledgements of farewell, and the night was mine. I ran. I ran until my lungs burned, but still...that one image haunted me. Him watching me vanish with the oddest look on his face. Dare I say it, from the drops of blood that I spilled, blooms of hope blossomed. The night cloaked me, my vast home. I wandered freely through the dark streets, seeking peace, wondering if I could somehow manage to soothe the pain simmering in my heart. Cats called out to me with their nocturnal vigour, but I rushed on, heedless of anyone or anything. I had my protections, but the one I trusted had seared me beyond all recognition. I half-expect myself to cough up blood any minute now, the pain in my throat is that bad. It's all about pain, and I don't know where mine ends and his begins. I can't redeem myself in his eyes, can I? I will forever be the devil's advocate, while he with his untainted soul has the makings of an angel. I can read some people easily; my techniques are my own. He, however, is an enigma I fear I will never understand. I could only read the hesitation and pain as I left. I do not really care what happens next. The winds may seize me and bring me elsewhere, I don't know. But at this moment, let me lie down and dream of green fields and rolling meadows where the skies are forever blue and hearts forever whole.
I still have hope, though I have nothing else left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home