Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Psychic Solidarity

After last night's emotional reunion with the darker aspect of my soul, today's weather appeared to reflect my mood. Cloudy grey skies, light drizzles, a heaviness to the air. I dragged myself out of bed at 12pm, after 5 hours of sleep. I will not reveal where I spent the night, suffice it to say that after all that energy left me, I felt very drained and tired. I took a shower and got dressed, and Elina and Amin popped over at 1pm. After admiring his very fine goatee (snickers), I got dressed and went out with Kenneth and Yzanne. Went out to Dhoby Ghaut, then visited a studio for him to take a few photos. It was awfully fun, and I felt my dark mood lift slightly. Yzanne with her zany humour, and Kenneth with his...Kennethness. We bickered incessantly over silly things like who got to walk next to Kenneth. Stuff like that. Haha. We left town at like six plus and zoomed off to Bedok. I grabbed a few necessities along the way, and opened the door expecting to find Yushaa, Phoebe and Elina watching a horror movie. Imagine my surprise, when instead, I found a whole row of close friends assembled, beaming at me. The darkness that wreathed itself around my soul fled, and I felt lightheaded in the overabundance of warmth that enveloped me. Honestly, I thought it would be just us bumming around. I've never been so pleasantly surprised before, and a very big 'thank you' must go out to everyone. Yushaa, Elina, Phoebe, Kenneth, Gina, Yiling, Melissa, Yzanne, Amin, Chia Wee, Aaron and Li Han. I could see at once that a lot of hard work went into this surprise. There was lots of food, music, and fun. I gorged myself on the excellent feast. Then I was persuaded to give a brief speech, and Kenneth interviewed me. It was very surreal. I will never forget the moment when I opened the door and found my close friends gathered around a glowing cake, beaming at me. That sensation was very strange, yet exhilarating. Two completely different circles of friends (who barely knew each other) combined to make some odd Venn diagram with me at the centre. I can honestly say it has cheered me up from the depression of the past few days. What with Seif going off to NS, and the very brief return and sudden disappearance of an old angel, it has been very trying. *muses* Yushaa whispered that a guy named Alex had telephoned while I was out, and asked to speak to me, insisting that we had ordered a thousand balloons for the party. Naturally, they jumped to the logical conclusion that it was the Alex from my past. But this 'Alex' was weird, and left them befuddled. Then Amin came along, grinning like a Cheshire cat, and told Yushaa it was actually his friend pranking them. Her reaction was priceless. She set her utensils down, and literally flew after him, shrieking, while we roared with laughter. Then we moved on to presents. =) I was very touched by the cards, and I couldn't stop grinning when I read what they had all written. I opened the first black box, and my heart lifted. A pentagram necklace. =) I really must give Yushaa and Elina another squeeze for that one. I must also thank Gina, Yiling, Moo-moo and Aaron for the very nice Ripcurl wallet. (I get the hint to change my wallet. Haha!) And a humongous compendium of Shakespeare's works. Phoebe's card was definitely the cutest, although I must say a few of the messages touched me deeply. *grins* To be honest, it wasn't so much the presents that put the huge smile on my face, although they were excellent. It was their very presence, that unspoken solidarity. Maybe I'm not as alone as I thought after all. =) I would have teared up, but my tear ducts got jammed. =P Thanks guys. =) It was one of the best days in a long long time. I must say thank you to all of them again for such a wonderful and definitely surprising party. I looked forward to this day with dread, and it turned out to be quite the opposite. Perhaps growing up isn't so bad after all.
It was wonderful. A shining page in my history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home