Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Psychic Irascibility

My pain and sadness at the two most recent deaths I have encountered have been pushed aside by a more primeval emotion, one that threatens to overwhelm and consume me. My temper, so long dormant, has finally rekindled and made itself known. I am fiercely protective of my privacy, and guard my secrets close to my heart. Very few have managed to gain my trust, and while it can be rather trying for those around me, this secrecy has served me well in the past. Therefore it annoys me to the point of anger when I find that my privacy has been violated in the vilest manner I can think of. I am inclined to forgive one or two unintentional trespasses, but when it becomes habit, I fear I must reveal a touch of the fire that blazes unseen in my heart. Surely, I thought to myself as the evidence of the lastest invasion stared at me like an unsightly blemish, surely, this was no accident. Disbelief gave way to raw, pulsing anger. I have the quiet nature of a predator, I slink around quietly, appearing only to rise for food or other necessity, but there are times when my claws are unsheathed, and this time, I fear, I am unable to retract them out of deference of any kind, imagined or otherwise. I have too often been content enough to sit back and allow others to fight my battles for me, but now I must gather all my strength into one booming message that will resound and echo in the heart of the one who has so far been a thorn in my side. I will not deny the fact that I have glimpsed a heart that might once have been pure, but time has made it bitter, like a lime left in a glass of water for too long. It is not my duty or responsibility to restore what time has taken, but it has come to my attention that for far too long, someone has been observing me with a predatory alertness not unlike mine. If there is one thing any predator hates, it is someone else who invades his territory. I have not given any indication that anything is amiss, for my skill is such that to anyone who does not know me well enough will think emotion is alien to me. To open one's heart up is to invite pain, as I ought to know very well. It is with a touch of asperity that I begin my Monday, and although I have work in three hours, I am aware that in my current state, it will require more time than I have available to rest both mind and body. I am as yet undecided on what to do regarding this intruder, who shall, for the purposes of this online rant, be rendered nameless. My annoyance has recently started to congeal into a more focused form of hatred. Granted, it took a few oversights on my part to allow the transgression to happen in the first place, but still. The word 'outraged' is ill-suited to describe the full scope of my emotions now. I have been mindful of my temper recently, especially since my wounds are not at all healing. I am taking longer than I thought I would to recover...I must be getting old. Sigh. It is an alarming thought, to discover that I tire so easily, that I allow my empathy to overwhelm me when I see pain in the eyes of another. Still, this latest slight against me will not be allowed to continue, and I will halt this tide in its tracks. I may just have inadvertently saved myself, although I cannot really say anymore on the matter. Needless to say, I will be strengthening my defenses against such invasions. Unfortunately, that one glimpse this person had of me has almost certainly destroyed any chance I might have had of repairing the bonds I have with certain factions. Therefore, I will focus my sight on what was made known, and will mete out punishment accordingly. A word to the wise, this latest transgression, when compounded with my other troubles, have swirled together to drain my energy effortlessly away down the great cosmic drain, leaving me very much tired and more likely to bite when spoken to. Therefore, keep your distance until I have taken my rest and have finally calmed down. As to the man who captured both my imagination and my heart, I have finally closed that chapter on a sour note. No words were spoken, for none were necessary. He has a family, of which I am certain I have never been part of, and now that I am fully grown (19 this year. I AM growing old) the whole world is mine if I only choose to seize it. I will never return there again, for the bonds that bind have finally withered away and I am free both mentally and physically. I have never felt more vindicated, or vindictive, but I have already given my warning, and if that is not enough, then Heaven help the next one who incurs my wrath.
It is time for the blood of the unworthy to spill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home