Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Psychic Melody

People who know me, who have spoken to me...tell me this: what do you perceive of me? You are the mirrors that reflect who I am. As dark melodies weave their way through my darkened lair, I still my mind in hopes of peace. It is nice to know that not all in the family shun me for being gay. I still have a lingering headache, but the darkness of night seems to soothe me. I have a gory fairytale to share this evening. Settle down, kids. Once upon a time, there lived an old man who resided on the outskirts of a little village. Every night, he would hear the melodic tunes of nightingales who serenaded the velvet skies when the sandman appeared to do his work. Intrigued by the alluring songs, he captured a nightingale one fine night, and commanded her to sing for him even during the day. But the nightingale, shaking with fright, replied that she would only sing when darkness fell. Now this old man was something of a psychotic genius, so he plunged two heated needles into the nightingale's eyes, blinding her forever. To the nightingale, it appeared eternal night had fallen, and this to her was paradise. So she sang with every breath she took, by day and night. She sang and sang, until her strength failed her and she fell to the dust, dead. There are many lessons one can learn from this grim tale. Make of it what you will. Draw parallels if you wish to; it is up to you. Think before you plunge the needles because your selfish greed overpowered your rational side.
I've given up on us. It was never meant to last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home