Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Psychic Perceptions

My perceptions are usually on the mark. So I'm not surprised by the events that unfolded today. They're just creases on a fabric I already recognise. I reserve my observations and perceptive judgments for close friends, because I know it is hard to take me seriously. How do I tell a person's character? It is much simpler than it seems. Simple things I observe from a person's physical self, other details I glean from things like how they construct their sentences, or what they talk about. I analyse such things and draw conclusions that tell me a lot about a person. Some people are just too complex for me to read, and I know these people carry burdens they keep close to their heart. These people are the ones I watch closely, because the burdens they carry are not simple problems, but complex situations that are firmly entrenched in their hearts. When the barriers and illusions they weave around themselves collapse, the least I can do is be there for them. Perhaps it is this perceptive gift that glimmers in my eyes that draws such people like moth to a candle flame. Because to be honest...most people I welcome into my inner sanctum, are the people of the second category. Behind the facade lie complex stories that I try hard to untangle and smoothen for them. None of my friends are the superficial kind who diss the latest fashion faux pas and rag on the latest celeb breakup, and even if they appear to, there is something soulful in their eyes, that haunted look that only pain can bring. This is the common ground that binds us, the common factor we all share. Behind the masks of cheerfulness, shadows dance and I know sooner or later these shadows will overwhelm the flimsy barriers built up over the years. The night beckons me, and I know my earlier plea to my angels have been answered. Yushaa and Elina came over to watch Brokeback Mountain with me. Elina cried, I shed a few manly tears, and Yushaa clutched her pillow. I swear the girls roared in agony when they found out Jack Twist died. Of course, it was a sad ending, and Yushaa was complaining about it. Haha. A must watch for homophobic people. It will melt even the most homophobic heart. Today I'm going out with Phoebe, that sweet gal! We're having a picnic! I'm bringing bug-spray. Butterflies are welcome to surround me, but wasps, bees and hornets better give me a wide berth tomorrow. I can and I will use my bug-spray!
When you're down on your knees, don't cry. I will hold your hand until you learn to fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home