Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Psychic Decisions

I've reached that point of no return. What has passed will come to be no more. I have released my ties and bonds to the past. To what cannot be fixed; I have accepted. With that acceptance, I hope healing will follow. Not just for me, but for those I have wounded with thoughtless words and deeds. I have come to terms with my position in life. I cannot manipulate fate to do my will, but I can change how I live my life. And that is changing. Slowly, true, but surely. What I cannot deal with, I shall keep in storage. And I shall deal with that stored problem when I have the solution. But I will not keep running from my fears. I did that once, and it drove me round the bend. I do not care if they find out I'm not straight. Because if it mattered to them, they don't matter to me. If they look beyond the realm of the physical, love is love. Regardless of form. I will be my usual self. And I will not hold back my thorns. I will be cutting, I will be sharp. But I will be me. And that is all that matters. I just want to get that cert, and walk out of there with my head held high and my dignity intact. I may have fumbled the beginning, but I'm fixed on the ending. It is my right as a human being to be unmarked by discrimination. If they truly believe I chose to join an embattled minority that has long been sneered at and looked down upon, I trust they have honour enough to respect that choice. But just so I'm clear, no one sets out to be different. The only differences are those boundaries that people set down among themselves. I bleed, I feel, I'm human. And I hope humanity isn't too far gone to respect each other for who they are. I will not shed a single tear if someone else finds out I'm gay. That fear died a long time ago. I will defend my right to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home