Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Psychic Chill

I've changed. Where I once was sunny and bright, I am now dark and chilled. Frozen and chiseled to a razor's edge. I've always been sharp. But now, my mind is deadly. I do not know how this change came about, but it does make me uneasy. I can enchant and disarm someone to the point they spill their guts to me. And if it so pleases me, I can choose to use that knowledge to my advantage. Does that make me ruthless? Perhaps. I used to be emphatic. I couldn't walk into a hospital without feeling hurt. I couldn't watch those people suffering without feeling their pain. But now that feeling's gone. And I wonder, why have I changed? Now that I examine that question carefully, I find that I don't really care. I feel more...independent. Liberated. And I think it is time I expanded my circle. After all, there is that old adage 'Knowledge is power.' I have been thinking of angels a lot. I've been so wrapped up in my research, I've almost forgotten my social acquaintances. Tomorrow is...a Saturday. I shall be going to see Father. I hope I can close that chapter as well. I've seen that his love for me is real. He can't express his regret, but I know that he feels the same way I do. We shouldn't let past events mar our vision of the future. Besides, he's my Father. I know this deep in my heart, I'll always see him as my dad. I only hope the cats can bring me a ray of hope in my darkening life. Felines bring out my lighter side. With their funny, unassuming ways. They have a world of wisdom. Indeed, I think that is the only bright spark on my horizon. Very well. I shall of course, hope that things will mend and heal. But I'm only mortal. And I can be no more than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home