Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Psychic Theft

An unnatural chill descends over me as I finally realise what has been taken from me without my knowledge or consent. Parts of my self are scattered across my room, in a thousand different things, sheet music on my table, scribbles that reflect my thoughts and mortal emotions in the boxes under the table, my secretly cherished wallet, the many books that I have collected, and so on and so forth. Seized with a sudden desire to check that everything is where it should be (there is a certain order within the chaos of my room that only I can see) I begun taking a mental inventory. And the fact that I am missing several highly important pieces of my self came to light. There are very few suspects in my mind, and when the sun burns bright in the sky I shall search for these crucial items in my life thus far. I know where they are. A curious fact about myself is that I usually know instinctively where all the things that I need will be, or where their current location is. Now my blades slide silently out of their sheaths, and I am contemplating what to do with this latest transgression. As I stood in the centre of the room, feeling my body temperature fall with each passing second, I called up a dark wave of fire to sustain me through this latest battle. I am highly protective of my privacy, and extremely fierce when the invisible lines I place to mark my territories both mental and physical are crossed. Even as the fire sweeps through me, I feel chilled knowing that someone has peeked into my world without me having realised it sooner. This is a sign that I have allowed my defenses to fall into disuse. It is shocking. How did this happen? I know the items were removed a few months prior, but the fact that I only realised it tonight after such a long time worries me. Time was I'd have known it only hours after it was removed. Have I grown so used to frolicking in sunshine and green meadows that I forget to defend myself against unwanted intrusions? Have I grown so carefree that I have become an open book for all and sundry? I am still frozen, but within the ice a hint of fire flickers, and when the sun rises today I shall reclaim what was taken from me. I may be too late to prove the theft of my personal items, but I do not care. I shall defend to the death my right to privacy, and I shall reiterate once more that I guard my mind and heart with fierce brutality. The affection I feel for those around me softens the blow on most occasions, and for that they ought to be thankful. When my wrath has been incurred, all hell breaks loose. I do not care. I will keep my illusions of placid calm and sweet ignorance in place, until I have reclaimed these extensions of my self that have been taken. Once I do, I'll wait until a spark ignites the firestorm I've been suppressing within me. This terrible act is akin to stealing pieces of my soul, and my eyes darken as I plan my next step. It is my nature to be highly secretive, even for the most mundane things, and the items that have been taken contain within them portions of the secrets that I have been guarding for years. My eyes are bloodshot as I count down the hours to sunrise. When the time comes, I will harness all the heat and rage within my heart to scorch this thief who has been stealing quietly from me for so long. Until then, I must work just as quietly to regain the lost fragments of my world.
For every intrusion, you will weep a thousand nights; I am the cruellest demon when my privacy has been invaded. Heed my silent warnings, or suffer the consequences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home