Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Psychic Hunter

I am tired of dancing around in circles. How can I hunt your demons down when you refuse to name them? For you alone, I would face a thousand of them; entire legions that will fall before my might when I fight for you, when I think of you as my blades reveal themselves. You imbue me with magnificent strength when all seems lost. But it is not enough to whisper my name, for a hundred people need me in a hundred different ways. For you I am only a weapon against the darkness that stalks purity such as yourself. You're fighting fire with fire, because you think the magnitude of my darkness can overshadow all others. You fail to grasp the full extent of my capabilities. If I had not caught you as you fell, if I had stepped back from you...would you have had the ability to overcome such adversity on your own? Why do you think I can save you? What do you expect from me? Do you want me to unsheath my blades and rip your inner demons to pieces for you everytime you send my name out on the winds? I can't do that. You don't trust me enough to tell me the nature of your demons, although I can hazard a guess. I cannot destroy what I do not know. Tonight I feel invincible, a far cry from the pale shadow I was a few months ago. But matter how great I become, I will never be able to help you unless you trust me. Name your demons, and I promise I will hunt them down for you. Trust me enough to open your heart and mind up for me, and I'll do the rest. This is my golden promise, one I will never break, have never broken before. I know you're in pain. But I also know you treasure your independence as much as I treasure my privacy. So I'll bow out of this hunt, for now. I have matters of greater importance to attend to, and you will continue fighting a losing battle. You have, unfortunately, been bumped down on my list of things to do. But you're free to call on me anytime when you need me to step in and shield you from your own demons. I'm not at all sorry I wasn't able to come immediately to your aid, for something strange has happened over these past few days. My needs overwhelm everything else (and everyone else's) for once, and I've spent a happy twelve hours in deep hibernation. The weeks are drifting by, and soon it will be time for me to put my blades and illusions away, in favour of a rifle and pure brute strength. Before that time comes, however, I am perfectly content to sit in my high tower where the winds are always cool and strong. Still, I am not entirely heartless. For anyone who needs me, scream my name to the winds and I'll come. Just don't expect me to be all nice and warm and comforting, if you are the one who brought your own demons to life. I'll destroy them for you, at a price, but there is a good chance I'll end up hurting you too for being so foolish. So think twice before you awaken me from my slumber, because now as my time runs out, I grow sharper and colder. I have no patience for mortal stupidity. I have destroyed a few of my own painful demons over the weekend. The legal mess has been cleared up, I've spoken to my fathers, my mum and my aunt over a few issues that needed to be sorted out, and I've given R a flailing with the rough edge of my tongue. I am calm, in sharp contrast to the gusts that swirl around my cold room, and I offer once more my golden promise. I will hunt down and destroy all the demons that you name. In exchange, I require your absolute trust.
What darkness is greater than my own? In the same vein, what do I have to fear? The night is mine once more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home