Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Psychic Resurgence

3 years of pain, of loneliness, of solitude...all melt away in the space of an afternoon. His words have helped to heal some of the pain, and I am in my element once more. His words, sweet and gentle, brought tears to my eyes, but this time...the tears weren't bitter. I don't know why he chose to bridge the gap today, but I am truly thankful. At the very least, we're talking once again...not just cold words that disguise the affections, but words of warmth and comfort. I have a million questions for him, but I've already asked the most important. Why did you drift away? His apology soothes the wounds he inflicted on me, and suddenly I remember why I fell for him. When he spoke, that same feeling blossomed within my heart, spreading out to fill my entire self. It was golden, and warm, and even now...hours later, I am still grinning like an idiot. I suppose it was very dramatic just now, with a huge thunderstorm outside my window and my heart breaking into a million pieces, and I was seated in front of the worn down keyboard, playing sad lovelorn songs. It was very fitting too, because as our conversation advanced, and my pain began to recede in the light of his affection, the sun peeked out over the dark clouds, dispelling the gloom. I will protect him from the pain that I know will dog him, and I won't allow darkness to mar his light. The night flows around me, the soft velvet cloak that will always be mine. When morning comes, I will see what I can do, what lies within my power to help this boy who has blossomed beautifully into a strong young man. For now, I am content to close my eyes and give thanks to The Powers That Be, for bringing him back. The garden that once held two has begun to flower once more, the withered blooms springing back into life. I only hope that I can have faith that this is real, and not just another illusion that will shatter at the slightest pressure. If it is just another illusion, it is a most beautiful one. And I am whole once more.
Thanks for trusting me enough, J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home