Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Psychic Legion

I do not care if I have to face down a hundred demons. I stride into the face of death secure in the knowledge that whatever I lose will be nothing compared to what I have lost: the love of my life. The past two days have seen me cowering in my corner, terrified of the entities who have taken over my sanctuary and made it theirs, their dark auras tainting the peace that I have come to associate with the place. I feared their spiritual attacks, I feared what they could do to my mind. Pain weakened me the last time round, but this time it strengthens me almost to the point of invincibility. My mental blocks against the memory of that night are fading away. The name comes clear as day to me, as do the other details that have previously escaped my attention. I know that even if we get someone to aid us, her dark 'sisters' will be waiting for me. It is my soul they covet, my 'purity', as she viciously told my friends that night I fell. I am not pure, in that she was mistaken. That mistake will cost her, when I march back into my former sanctuary, prepared to do battle. She will not be the last vengeful soul I fight, I know that instinctively. An entire legion of hellish women await me, female spirits of vengeance. They are bolstered by their sheer number, and I by my mortal emotions and spiritual knowledge that have, until now, failed to protect me. They will not fail me again. I was attacked, and this time I shall walk right back into the battlefield without fear. No mortal being has yet to faze me, and I don't see why a spirit, lacking flesh and bone, should have that right. I do not fear the legion that she calls her 'sisters', I do not fear their nameless master, and I do not fear what they can invoke within me. Most of my secrets are secret no more, and I feel righteous anger blossoming out to blanket me like an invisible shield. This shield will hold, because I will it to, but my battle with the legion of demonic females shall have to wait until the sun sets on Sunday. It is the wish of one of my close friends to ask a spiritually wise mortal man for advice this morning, and I will not disappoint her by rushing off to do battle on my own. I am tired of waiting however, of being on the defensive. I am a child of Aries, born under the sign of fire, and I will not wait for this month to pass without going on the offensive. As it is with all of us associated with the element of fire, I am impatient, and hungry for action. I vow to harness my fiery anger to be both shield and sword. Besieged I may be, but blood runs through my veins, while those who have incited my temper are mere shadows, mockeries of life itself. They will flee before my light, and I will ensure that no other man will fall within the grounds of my sanctuary again. If I must fight alone, then so be it. I have life, I have known love, and I will be more than a match for them, if they wish to fight against me. My grudge is against one soul only, but if they choose to stand next to their hellion 'sister' in opposition with me, then they too shall feel my wrath. I fell once, when I was severely weakened by depression and rendered defenseless by alcohol. It will not happen again. I have my protections firmly in place this time, have spent a few days strengthening my mind and body, and I am now fully rested and ready to battle. I will not endanger my friends by forcing them into this fight, because this is my fight and mine alone. It was me she chose to attack, and she drew first blood. But they did protect me when I had given up fighting, and they saved my life. Therefore I will not disrespect them by rushing off bullheadedly into this spiritual battle. If they choose to join me, then so be it. But I cannot wait any longer, because the knowledge that they are still out there is like a thorn in my flesh, and I vow that before the sun rises tomorrow, I will have reclaimed what I know to be mine. A partial moon will gem the night sky tomorrow, but I have my other senses to accomodate for the lack of light. And if nothing else, when they surround me, I will speak of love and after they are done laughing, their souls will remember what they once were, and that they once loved too. Failing that...well. I will dispel them through sheer force of will. The time for fear is long past. I rise to the challenge, and instinct and my own inherent light shall guide me as I fight these unearthly beings. Three words I shall whisper as I step onto my desecrated grounds: Sancte Michael Archangele. Then all hell will break loose. I close my eyes, for now, awaiting sunrise, and our last, desperate attempt to find a man of strong faith to aid us in battle. *shakes head* He will not believe the things we say, but he may change his mind if he has truly devoted his life to the light.
Mortal pain gives me courage. Even in absence, J, you're still helping me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home