Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Psychic Twist (with a hint of lime)

I was planning to flit off to Sembawang for the weekend, since I'd left a few essentials there on my last visit. Then I grew bored, realised that I had a few hours to burn, and decided to telephone Yushaa on a whim. And I got invited out for a whirlwind night in town. Kenneth came. =) I mean, he was there. No innuendos here, folks. It was nice to see him. It's also the first time I've hugged him. I think. Now the alcohol is wending its way through my system, so I'm a bit sleepy, but too buzzed to sleep. Long Island Tea at the second bar we went to was absolutely orgasmic. The first bar's LIT was a bit...lacking. The Zombie was too sweet, and I couldn't taste the alcohol in the Boston Beach Party. I seriously doubt there was any. The passionfruit Daiquiri was quite nice, though. Liked the burst of fruity sweetness with each sip. Kenneth got Bailey's Irish Cream, and I was torn between ordering a butterscotch liquer concoction, and a HoneyBear. So I picked the Honeybear. Bad choice. The lime was too bitter, and the mint overpowered the other flavours. I felt like I was drinking Listerine. I endured the merciless teasings over my choice of drinks with a gracious smile and dignified silence. But I was choking on the bitterness. Oh, yes. I must must must recommend continuous applause for the pianist at the Jazz bar tonight. Excellently nimble and emotive on the ivories, his playing sent chills up my spine. Can I just mention yet again how nice it is to see Kenneth? =) Suddenly all the storms seem to be powerless against my earthly angel. We split up at 12, in time for Kenneth to catch 80 home, Yushaa taking 51 back to her place, and Phoebe and I on the night rider bus back to our area. I ended up at her place, and took a cab back at 1am. Now exhausted, but too bored to sleep, I am mentally reviewing my schedule for tomorrow. The folks are coming home tomorrow morning, so I should go home for a while and get reacquainted with my piano. Particularly now that I am connected to a huge database of sheet music that covers all genres. I must say, tonight at the bar with a few close friends really lifted my mood, although I kept it to myself. =) Thanks, guys. *sigh* He's coming home tomorrow too. Time to face the music. Do I end things now, or hope they will improve? Next time we hit the night circuit, Yushaa's ordering a Flaming Lamborghini. Cool. I did something incredibly stupid today. While on the train, my fingers moved on their own volition, and before I knew it, I'd smsed Justin. Mentally kicked myself all the way to Sizzler. Anyway, my eyes are falling shut. If I don't get any rest today, I won't be able to sit in front of my piano. A big hug for all the hearts who were with me tonight, in body and spirit. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home