Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Psychic Wish

I wish, I wish. That we'd never met. That you'd never touched my heart in a million different ways, that you'd never been so sweet and gentle and understanding. I wish I'd never pushed you away, that I'd never hurt you so much the roses withered and died. The memory burns, when I recall the months of sweetness and closeness we shared. Can old links be reforged? Can withered bonds be renewed with hope and new life? Can it? I wish, I wish. Promises were broken, hearts were wounded. Life came to a standstill. The world spins on its axis, but time has stopped for me. The gentle teasing, the laughter we shared over simple things, the regret that came later. It was all an illusion...or so you'd have me believe. But the peace you gave me was no illusion. Had we never met, we both would have been spared much pain. But you taught me to love, and how to be held. Sometimes we were so close, our hearts beat as one. You'd go to sleep with me by your side, and you'd whisper how we'd never part as your eyes closed. Yet we did. I wish, I wish. You'd come back to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home