Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Psychic Calming

After the tumultuous storms that have been raging the past few weeks, I find myself content once more to watch the world go by. Yesterday night was the first in a long time that I awoke well rested. At 5 in the morning, as the creatures and critters still slumbered, I had breakfast and contemplated the direction my life is going. The viable options are growing foggier by the day, due in part to my reluctance to face the issue. But two days ago, I went home. And I found myself laughing, even though my heart was still steeped in misery. Watching my siblings bicker over the slightest grievance, seeing how much they've grown, reminded me that all is not lost. I stuffed myself with good home-cooked food. Had lunch with my family, as opposed to eating alone with only Princess Sophia (that's my telly) for company. Then my siblings had their lessons, and I watched as my sister threw a major tantrum. I don't blame her; her teacher is very odd. I can relate. Haha. Even my grandmother was extra nice to me, although I was furious when I found out the damage she'd caused to my family recently. Spreading lies like bad seeds. *sigh* No one at home is talking to her, and while I know she brought it upon herself, I feel pity for her. Then all three of us siblings settled down to watch...Avatar: The Last Airbender! When we were done, Happy barked for attention outside, so I went and sat with the little puppy for a while. Patting his head seemed to content him, and he lay beside me as I watched butterflies flutter around the greens my grandmother had recently planted. She may have her faults, but she is an excellent gardener. It's an emotion I can never quite explain, even to myself...as I sat there surrounded by my family who'd seen me grow up right till the moment I stormed out the door and left. I spoke to my mum briefly on the phone, and I felt even more complete. Just a few minutes, but it was enough to hear her voice. She was busy that day, and I had to leave before she came home. That was darling Phoebe's birthday!! *grins* I went out, mended some more bridges, and met up with Phoebe, Andrew, Leon and Pei Yu at Play. And now here I am, marveling at how quickly the world turns. I'm losing time, I know. But there will always be time for what I love. Of course there will. I only have one more thing left to do, and it has to wait until next Wednesday, when my father leaves. I have been eating well these past few days. *muses* I'm still full from my hearty dinner last night. Maybe a quick peek into the fridge won't hurt. As I enjoy the rainbow after the storm, I feel I must remind myself that calmness is extremely fragile, and it can be shattered at any moment. Still, I'm content to let sleeping dogs lie. Just for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home