Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Psychic Analysis

Ach...I have work at eleven in the morning, and I've just awoken from a brief slumber that lasted a grand total of four hours. Speaking of work, I've realised something else about me. Plop me in front of strangers, and I clam up completely. Maybe it's a defensive reaction, or maybe it's just me, but I cannot immediately connect and speak with people. Therefore, I suspect the staff have come to think that I am either intellectually-challenged, or painfully arrogant. I don't know why I stand so aloof either, actually. These things take time. Hmm. And you cannot believe the number of snooty people that abound in our tiny dot of a country. I'm not unpatriotic or anything, but it seems that foreigners tend to be more well-mannered and polite. Singaporeans have a weird mentality that leads them to the conclusion that they are the ultimate priority for all who serve them, and therefore it's themthemthem. Anything less, and they are capable of kicking up a huge big fuss. Like earlier, there was this lady who wanted to order coffee, but DJ was momentarily lost for words, understandably. He was, after all, next to yours truly. *ahem* So anyway, the lady quickly grew impatient and we were dishonorably dismissed from her presence. Talk about a storm in a teacup. Haha. But of course, there are the sweet ones who will smile and wait patiently and mind their P's and Q's. I'm just nervous, which is quite normal right? Right? My eyes are red, and I have lost track of my hydration chart. Which translates to ulcers, which in turn translates to me being more cranky than usual. But for some reason, I've been feeling pretty cheerful these past few days. Work is tiring, that's true. But it also takes my mind off darker topics, and I can't quite decide whether that's a blessing or a curse. Oh! Everyone's been telling me horror stories about the weekend, and suddenly I feel like I shouldn't have taken up the weekend roster. I've got a bone to pick with ex-gay ministries, but I'm feeling too tired to rant.
Show me what love is-haven't got a clue. Show me that wonders can be true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home