Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Psychic Shift

The eclipse that shadowed me has passed, and now I am content to bask in the warmth of the sun's glow again. Having shoved all confusion and worry aside, I now feel whole and complete once again. I went to sleep just as the sun flooded the Earth with its healing rays this morning, and awoke at a quarter to five, just in time to drag myself to the bathroom for a long shower and zoom off to Poh Chuan's house after that. The bus ride was straight out of a horror movie. The driver seemed bent on driving over every bump and pothole in our way. Compound that with the fact that the bus was extremely crowded and hot, and you can see why I felt no loss at hopping off the bus soon after. Yiling joined me, and Poh Chuan came down to meet us shortly after. We cabbed down with Gina to the stadium, and joined the crush of humanity that congregated outside the gates. I saw a cute guy who caught my eye. *grins* He looked oddly familiar, and I swear that is the only reason why I looked at him in the first place. Then it was on to the main event...that game I can never completely comprehend. I was internally bubbling over with laughter when everyone else kept cheering and stomping their feet, wondering why they were so odd. Then something magical happened! I was caught up in the wave of energy that exuded from the spectators. It was so thick, you'd think the air itself had solidified to form a jelly-like consistency. I was swept away by the moment. There is something magical about being present at a place where the very air is charged with anticipation. I soaked it all up like a sponge. =) Had fun watching the match, and I actually laughed when the Thailand team walked off the pitch near the end. They probably knew they would lose anyway, and wanted to end it on their own terms. My broodiness vanished when the sea of red around me rose up in a thunderous roar and made me feel small and insignificant, yet so much more alive. The wave of darkness was washed away and replaced by a surge of energy. After the match ended on a high, we went and explored the backways of Geylang. Aaron sure knows his way around there. *grins* Then we sat at one of the coffeeshops and ate a late supper before breaking up for home. I'm really glad I didn't stay at home and mope the day away. We might be going for a movie on Saturday if everyone's free. And on Sunday...*drumroll* Malay Co! Hee. So the passage of time marks yet change in the seasons of my life. *thoughtful* Although I predict yet another winter will arrive soon. If I don't get into my ideal music school. =) A winter complete with storms and hail and violent tempests, courtesy of me. *winks* Alright. The Dark Age is over, so let there be light! =P I've always wanted to say that. Heh. My world has shifted yet again. =)
Now that Spring is in the air, there are flowers everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home