Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Psychic Blitz

Had a blast today...went out with Phoebes in the afternoon, after oversleeping and missing our trip down to NAFA. A big oops there on my part. We went to the Esplanade library...our usual hangout. The piano room. I banged out The Phantom Of The Opera on the piano, along with other sheet music that I recently printed out. Seems like I had quite a following today. Lol. Either they were really annoyed with my playing, or they were interested to know how we got into the restricted access area. Lol. My aunt and cousin stopped by, and I was very heartened when Phoebe told me what they said to her. "He's not the piano player...he IS the piano." Hee. And here I thought I was the black sheep of the family, the one who was never good at anything. Then we saw Leon and Pei Yu...it was a day fraught with chance meetings. Then we (me, Phoebe, Leon, Pei Yu and Yushaa) went off to have B.B.Q. steamboat. It was excellent! At first I was wary of the sizzling and general heat, but then it grew fun! I did pretty well with the chopsticks after overcoming my initial amnesia regarding their use. We stuffed ourselves full to bursting. It was kinda fun...once I got over my fear of splattering oil. Yushaa kept threatening me to get me to eat. That was funny. Then we all went home, stuffed and happy. I've been contemplating my future, and I can feel the heat being turned up to 'high'. Ugh. Although, you know...a lot of people have commented that I have talent. But it's just a niggling feeling I have that talent might not be enough for me to survive in the highly competitive environment of a music institution. At times I doubt I have talent. *tilts head* I'll just practice really really hard and hope I get a place in LaSalle. (NAFA doesn't offer popular/world music) I'm currently obsessed with The Phantom Of The Opera. I have this urge to keep playing the song on my piano. The phantom has possessed me! *dramatic gasp* As for that incident I alluded to in my previous post...I have nothing more to say, except that my interactions with said person shall experience a sharp and frosty decline. Tomorrow I'm going back to my piano! =) I'll post more videos on my Youtube profile. I think it's getting stale. I have to broaden my repertoire. I still have the book Kit gave me, but so far I've only touched Moonlight Sonata and Rondo Alla Turca. =D I'm really really hoping I'll get this big break to make up for all the mess that litters my history. >.< *crosses fingers* I must blow the judges away. The audition requires a 25 minute recital. THat shouldn't be a problem, but I must be note-perfect. Not only that, I must be better than perfect. I must be magnificent and flawless. Nothing short of the best. I will practice until I can play blindfolded. I must make sure the audition is a breeze, and allow them to see my passion in the music I draw out from the piano. *determined* If I don't get in...*taps wooden table* I'll go dead and dry. Hmm. That's settled then. Everything that I did today, and most of the thoughts that occupied my mind. =) I hope I can impress the people who matter with my skill.
In all my fantasies, I always knew. That man and mystery are both in you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home