Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Psychic Resolution

The old year is dying, and the new one is waiting in line. As it dies, I hope I can shrug off the shell that I've lived in for so long. =) My inhibitions and fears shall slough off and melt away on the last day of the new year. After much thought, I have resolved to fix everything that I have broken; mend all the bridges that I've burnt. Of course, I can't fix everything. But the least I can do is try. Everyone around me is taking huge steps in life. My own path is stretched before me. I've taken the first few steps; laid down the foundation stones. All that needs to be done now is to build upon it. My courage may falter, my strength may fail. But I will fight my fate with tooth and nail. I cannot remain stagnant in relative isolation with only my music and my thoughts to accompany me. =) With the new year will come new trials and tribulations... the discovery of new friends, and the return of old ones. I feel a glimmer of my old spark returning. It's time to alter the strands of destiny. ;) Let it weave a better picture for the upcoming year. And may everyone (including me) grow in strength of heart and mind. For you, my psychic twin...I can only wait for so long. I cannot wait forever for you to decide. To quote one of my favourite singers, Joni Mitchell from the song Both Sides Now:
Oh, but now old friends, they're acting strange. They shake their heads and tell me that I have changed. Well, something's lost but something's gained in living every day.
Christmas is coming! It's the time of giving and loving!
I will cherish what we had, but my heart needs to be free to fly. Understand that this isn't our last goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home