Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Psychic Realisation

I was talking to him, and it suddenly struck me how foolish my endeavour was. I cannot breathe life back into what Azrael has claimed, regardless of how much willpower I possess. I cannot help hearts that are closed. The unspoken message, his confusion, and my pain all swirled around me. I kept my calm, leashed my emotions tightly, and guided him through till the end. Then I resolved to begin separating us from each other. The connection was intense, therefore the separation will be painful. I cannot quite understand his confusion, and the unspoken awkwardness, but what I can understand is that this time, I cannot heal what I do not know has been wounded. It is better left unsaid, and our history better left unfinished. I have wondered, and now I know. There are many more questions, but I know I cannot bend steel. I don't deny that I had a hand in his confusion, since I myself happen to be an amalgamation of paradoxes and contradictions, but I have attempted to remove the barriers I placed on him. Whether my attempts are successful or not is none of my concern. He will come to understand when the time is right. I still think he is a beautiful soul, certainly one of the brightest I have touched so far, but there is a barrier between us that I cannot cross, not until he learns to trust me. I have yet to figure out how to regain that trust, and perhaps I never will. But other issues require my attention, therefore he must take a backseat for now. The subtle message I gave him was acknowledged, and so I can rest easy knowing that he knows he is not forgotten. Never that. It was never about love. It was about power, and who could dominate the other. While on the surface, it appeared that I acquiesced to his wishes, we both knew that we kept the other on equally short leashes. Now that he is free to explore his newfound freedom, I find myself relieved that he is no longer my burden to bear. Perhaps one day he will return, healed and ready to accept the truth of what I feel. But until then, we continue forging two separate destinies.
You did not listen then, you're not listening still. Perhaps you never will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home