Wanderings Of A Philosophical Wonderer

Gay, philosophical, poetic, dark, light. ME.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Psychic Rest

For the first time in a long, long while, I am rested. Probably due to all the alcohol yesterday, but rested nonetheless. Yesterday was an extremely busy day. Went out at 12pm to meet Phoebe at Dover at 1pm. Then we went off to meet her friend Weixin at City Hall. She turned out to be pretty nice, despite my initial apprehension. And we strolled off to keep our date with Cristofori. We tried out the digital piano, which in my opinion is a technological and musical horror, and finally stuck to the traditional upright piano. The weather suited my mood, which was reflected in my playing. Inconsistent! =/ But it was ok overall I think. We ended at four, and had lunch at nearby Marina Square. I had my usual baked rice and soup. Then Weixin had to go home, and Phoebe (sweet girl) accompanied me to Dhoby Ghaut. Thanks Phoebe! Then I trundled down to meet the gang at ChompChomp. Somehow my compass malfunctioned again, and I ended up being half an hour late. The table was absolutely laden with food. And I got carded twice. But both times I kept my cool and charmed the ladies selling drinks. They were pretty stern at first, but eventually warmed up to me and started talking for a bit. Lol. In the old days, I would probably have glared at them and simmered quietly. But now I just smile and chat people up. They didn't have Long Island Tea at 7-11. Pity. So after that Poh Chuan asked me to buy Carlsberg from the drinks stall, and I got carded for the 2nd time that night. The auntie joked that I was drinking at such a young age after I worked my charm. I forgot to bring my IC that night, so I had to rely on my charm to get the drinks. Then after dinner, the birthday bash truly started and Miss Lee beat a hasty retreat after snapping some photos. Everyone got slimed with some foul concoction Gina brewed up beforehand. It stank to high heaven, and after that we parted ways. I met up with Yushaa, and we sat and talked and gazed at the clear, starstudded sky until 12am. Then I took a bus home...and somehow, I fell asleep and missed my stop. So I had to hike through the expressway (there weren't any more buses) and garnered some strange looks before I decided to cut through some open fields instead of walking on the road. Reached home late, like 1plus, then bathed, washing off that foul lingering smell from Gina's potion, and plopped down. No one was online, so I slept till 6pm today. Voila. There ends the updates. Oh. Cycling expedition coming up. Next weekend. SMS GINA for details. By the way, the background music is appropriately titled 'Rest' by Saliva.
If only everyday would be just as nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home